Woo-oo! is an animated television movie that premiered on August 12, 2017 on Disney XD. It is the pilot for the reboot series, DuckTales.
Donald Duck reluctantly takes his nephews Huey, Dewey and Louie to the home of their reclusive great-uncle Scrooge McDuck. Enthralled by their once legendary great-uncle and the wonder of McDuck Manor, the triplets and their newfound fierce friend Webby learn of long-kept family secrets and unleash totems from Scrooge’s epic past, sending the family on an adventure of a lifetime to the Lost City of Atlantis.
The episode begins on Donald's Boat, with Huey and Louie helping their Uncle Donald prepare for his job interview. Donald is rushed to get ready, and finds out that his babysitter got the wrong address. Huey and Louie tell him that they can be fine for a couple hours without supervision. Donald agrees to let them stay. As he is walking to his car, he hears the engine to the boat start. He runs in to find Dewey, messing with the wires and engine. Donald then throws them in the back seat of his car, and sets his GPS for McDuck Manor. Huey, Dewey, and Louie are excited that they get to spend a few hours with richest duck in the world, and explain why they each idolize him.
Meanwhile Scrooge is at his Money Bin, having a board meeting. Afterwards his driver, Launchpad McQuack drives him back to his manor. Launchpad tries to talk to Scrooge, but Scrooge just ignores him, and tells him to focus on driving. When they get to the manor, Scrooge sees Donald's car in front of him. Scrooge starts yelling at him to move his car. Donald and Scrooge get out of their cars, and come face to face for the first time in ten years. Donald then says, "Uncle Scrooge," and the nephews burst into excitement, since they did not know Scrooge was related. Donald and Scrooge immediately get into an argument, ending with Donald asking Scrooge to watch the boys, and Scrooge accidentally agrees. Donald then leaves for his job interview. Huey, Dewey, and Louie follow Scrooge up to the manor. Scrooge walks inside, and slams the door behind, without letting the nephews in. A few seconds later Mrs. Beakley opens the door for them.
Inside Huey, Dewey, and Louie follow Scrooge. They find pictures of a younger Scrooge. While Scrooge is reading the newspaper, Beakley tells him to talk to them (referring to the nephews). Scrooge asks them if kids still like marbles, just to be bombarded by questions from the nephews. Scrooge really gets ticked off when Louie asks "What happened to you? You used to be a big deal." After this, he locks them in a room, and gives them a sack of marbles.
Upset by be locked in a room, Dewey uses the marble bag to break the doorknob and escape. Immediately after Dewey opens the door, a rope wraps him and his brothers up. A few seconds later they find themselves hanging upside-down, as a girl starts interrogating them.
Flintheart Glomgold sets out for Atlantis with new employees Gabby McStabberson,Hack and Slash Smashnidov and Donald while Scrooge,the kids and Launchpad are heading for the same location in their submarine. Dewey,eager for adventure,is bored by the fact that they are taking
- David Tennant as Scrooge McDuck
- Danny Pudi as Huey
- Ben Schwartz as Dewey
- Bobby Moynihan as Louie
- Tony Anselmo as Donald Duck
- Kate Micucci as Webby Vanderquack
- Toks Olagundoye as Mrs. Beakley
- Beck Bennett as Launchpad McQuack
- Keith Ferguson as Flintheart Glomgold/Captain Peghook/Fisherman
- Kari Wahlgren as Roxanne Featherly
- Marc Evan Jackson as Bentley Buzzard
- Jennifer Hale as Gabby McStabberson
- Jason Marsden as Hack Smashnikov/Donald's GPS/Babysitter
- Sam Riegel as Slash Smashnikov
|After comics 0-3 and all flashbacks|
|Before every episode|
- If one counts the original series, this makes fourth ''DuckTales'' story to premiere as a TV movie. The first three being, "The Treasure of the Golden Suns", "Time is Money", and "Super DuckTales".
- St. Canard from Darkwing Duck, Spoonerville from Goof Troop and Cape Suzette from TaleSpin are all mentioned in this episode.
- Webby's bulletin board contains several easter eggs:
- A piece of paper with "F.O.W.L." written on it.
- A crudely drawn picture of Webby wearing pink clothes like she does in the orginal DuckTales.
- Webby's doll from the original show with an arrow through its chest, is right next to the board.
- Pictures of Hortense McDuck, Gladstone Gander, Quackmore Duck, Downy McDuck and Fergus McDuck. In addition, the names of other McDuck relatives can be seen, including Matilda McDuck and Dingus McDuck (under the name "Dirty Dingus").
- A newspaper clipping reporting on Terra-Firmians.
- Dismal Downs, the home of the McDuck clan, is also written down.
- The Theme Song starts halfway through the show.
- Among Scrooge's treasures is possible to see references to the original show. These include:
- Armstrong from the episode of the same name.
- Gene's Lamp from DuckTales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp.
- A giant coin from The Treasure of the Golden Suns.
- On October 3rd, 2017, the second half of the episode was on Disney XD, and was named "Escape to/from Atlantis!"
- This is the first episode to air in August.
- This is also the first episode aired in 2017.
- Home Media: Woo-oo! (DVD)
- When Scrooge and Dewey are in the room with fire and lasers, the room appears to be right side-up, even though the rest of Atlantis is upside down.
- After Glomgold presents to the emploss his training video,Gaby's gloves dissapear.
Read the Transcript for Woo-oo!
Click here to view this page's gallery.